We are growing and have great opportunities for experienced light commercial and residential plumbing and heating mechanics!
Acorn Plumbing & Heating (an affiliate of Armistead Mechanical) is seeking an experienced Plumbers to perform plumbing and heating installation and service in the light commercial and residential construction market. This position is based out of Newburgh, NY. We are seeking a team player with at least three to five years of plumbing experience.
What We Offer:
- Excellent salary
- Complete benefits package including fully paid medical for employee and a generous company contribution to cover dependents
- Full-time, steady employment
- Company vehicle
- The opportunity to work with a great team of construction professionals!
Work primarily involves the installation of light commercial plumbing systems including pipes, fittings or fixtures for heating, water or drainage according to specifications and plumbing codes in and around Orange, Rockland and Dutchess counties in New York.
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week. Regular work hours are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of plumbing and heating systems primarily in the light commercial market.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications is desirable.
- Maintain company vehicles, tools and equipment in clean and proper working order.
- Work smartly and safely in the field.
- Mentor plumbing assistant.
- Represent the company professionally.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
- Service position also available which will require rotating on-call schedule
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in the installation of plumbing-related systems and fixtures for the light commercial and residential market.
- Familiarity with required plumbing codes and regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record and be able to pass a drug/alcohol test.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Must be able to work well individually and as part of an install team.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate from a trade/vocational school plumbing program or other construction-related program is a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour or other construction safety training is desirable.
- The physical ability to lift heavy objects as well as climb ladders and work in ceilings, crawl spaces, chases and other confined work areas is required.