Terrific opportunity to work on Revit 3D drafting and design for construction projects
About Armistead Mechanical
Armistead Mechanical, Inc. is a leading mechanical contracting firm working in the industrial and commercial sectors of New Jersey and the New York Hudson Valley region. A family-owned corporation for nearly 100 years, we work on piping, plumbing and HVAC construction projects for industrial, pharmaceutical, healthcare and manufacturing clients. At Armistead, we value teamwork and seek self-motivated individuals who bring a positive attitude to their work and who will serve our customers to the best of their ability.
We are immediately seeking an individual skilled in Revit to join our design team. You will be expected to expand your technical competency and capability through experience on the job as you learn the details of mechanical construction. This is an excellent opportunity to gain industry knowledge from our in-house experts as well as share your Revit skills. This position will be based out of our Waldwick, NJ office.
- Utilize Revit to produce drawing details such as sheets for plotting, 3D modeling of equipment and basic templates.
- Work in a collaborative manner with the respective project manager, pipe designer, and/or design manager to reduce cost installation through efficient layout and acceptable changes to contract drawings.
- Assist in development of departmental drafting and Revit standards.
- Maintain revision control on drawings and follow company standards for an organized system of maintaining files.
- Must be motivated to keep current with new and emerging related technology.
- Perform other related duties as requested by management.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma with minimum of two years in an approved Revit training institute, or Associate's Degree (AA) in computer aided drafting with Revit or equivalent certificate from a technical school.
- HVAC or plumbing knowledge a plus as is any familiarity with pipes, valves, fittings and specialty items utilized in mechanical engineering.
- Experience with other related software, particularly the latest editions of AutoCAD, Navisworks and Inventor 3D Max desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and documentation furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as take direction and collaborate with others as part of a project team.
- Willingness to travel to field project locations as needed.
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- 401(k) with Roth option, employer contribution, plus annual profit sharing
- Medical coverage for individuals and families
- Life Insurance with ADD
- Vision Plan
- Annual Dental Reimbursement Program
- Supplemental benefits (AFLAC)
Other Company Perks
- Paid weekly with direct deposit available
- Pleasant and professional work environment in clean, modern buildings with ample work space
- Continual investment in technology with updated equipment and software, smartphones, tablets and laptops
- Industry training opportunities
- Interesting and challenging work
- Support of great colleagues
- Summer hours
Please click on the apply button to submit your information.